Steps to run an EDI example program in Access
- Download Framework EDI 32-bit (Access VBA runs in 32-bit mode only). An evaluation copy can be downloaded from click here
- Ask for an evaluation serial number from email@example.com so as to remove the file-size restriction.
- Install the Framework EDI (FREDI) with the evaluation serial number.
- Download the Access example program.
- Unblock the zip file by right-clicking on the zip file, select Properties, and then click on Unblock. Proceed to unzip the file.
- Launch the example Access program by double clicking on the Access file with the .accdb extension
- The Access program has ActiveX contents therefore a security warning will pop-up. Make sure to click on enable active content.
- From Access menu, click on the Database Tools tab.
- From the Database Tools ribbon, click on Visual Basic. This will open the Visual Basic Application
- From the VBA menu, select Tools, then References
- From the Reference listbox, remove the old reference of the FREDI
component by unchecking "EDIdEv Framework EDI", and then click OK.
- Add the reference of the new FREDI component by going back to the Reference listbox, and checking the 'EDIdEv Framework EDI", and then click OK. You should now be able to run the example program.