Setting up Excel to use Framework EDI
- Install Framework EDI 32-bit (Excel VBA runs in 32-bit mode only). An evaluation copy can be downloaded from click here
- Launch Excel, then click on the Developer tab. If you don't see a Developer tab in Excel's ribbon, do the following:
- From Excel's menu, select File, then Options, and then Customize Ribbons
- From the left listbox, select Developer then click Add
- Click OK. The Developer tab should now be in Excel's ribbon.
- From the Developer tab, select View Code. This will open the Visual Basic Application
- From the VBA menu, select Tools, then References
- from the Reference listbox, select "EDIdEv Framework EDI"
- Click OK. You are now ready to use the Framework EDI coponent.
Using the FREDI component in Excel
To view a YouTube video about translating an EDI file into an Excel spreadsheet click here.
To download actual example Excel programs using the Framework EDI component to process EDI files click here.